Why Eco Friendly?
WHY I USE ECO FRIENDLY PRODUCTS
While working at a chicken plant doing night cleanup, I was exposed nightly for 8 to 10 hours of high concentrations of cleaners that contained acid and bleach followed by extremely hot water to kill the bacteria. Although we were provided rain gear, rubber gloves, safety glasses and a helmet, we were not provided with respirators or goggles.
The first symptom of chemical reaction was my eyes that felt like they had sand in them, my arms had burns and scabs despite rain gear, followed by chemical pneumonia. This led to a change of jobs within the plant, but left me highly intolerant to any type of chemicals whatsoever. Six years after I developed optic neuritis and was diagnosed with MS. This could all be coincidence, but it is what started my research for non-toxic cleaning products.
We have all read, heard and seen the results of toxicity in household cleaning chemicals, yet we choose, yes choose to keep using them without really thinking about the harm they cause to ourselves, children and pets. I could get really technical but I will keep it simple and provide links to follow.
According to the EPA, 50% of all illness can be traced to indoor pollution, which can be directly related to the use of household cleaners. Household cleaners contain, just to name a few ingredients, bleach, ammonia, chlorine, glycol ethers and formaldehyde. These are known to cause neurological disorders, respiratory problems, cancer, liver and kidney damage. The worst part is, even after you put away your chemicals after cleaning the vapors left behind remain to harm you, your children and pets.
10/8/2017 02:37:40 pm
Your story is worth the read, better to understand the difference between cleaning companies.
Leave a Reply.